Vertical Transportation Excellence (VTX®), a specialized services division of Gannett Fleming, Inc., has focused on vertical transportation since 2000. VTX specializes in the design, modernization, and maintenance of elevators, escalators, and moving walks. Our experience is in new building design, modernization, preventative maintenance and maintenance management, and people mover systems, as well as integration with intelligent building design concepts.
VTX can work directly with the end user – the tenant, owner, or operator; serve as a subconsultant directly to architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineering firms; or work as a member of a larger design team.
VTX's team management, which includes comprehensive planning, hands-on supervision, attention to detail, and appreciation of and compliance with project schedules and budgets, sets our team apart from the others.
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
VTX is proud of our long-standing commitment to providing responsive, quality services and to the processes we use to deliver those services. We have taken our commitment to quality one step further, by taking our operations through the ISO 9001:2015 certification process.
Benefits of aligning our operations with the International Organization of Standardization include:
- Standardizing our process with all offices to streamline effective quality responsiveness to client requirements.
- Assuring a high level of management commitment to design and calculation verifications.
- Allowing our work products to be submitted in a formal validation process that our clients can rely on.
At VTX, we never forget that our primary reason to be in business is to make our clients successful. Our clients experience our quality driven approach on each and every project. It is a responsibility we take seriously. You can be assured that we will do whatever it takes to meet your requirements and deliver a quality product.
- VTX chaired every design working group in the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Elevator/Escalator Technical Forum (EETF).
- VTX participates in three ASME A17.1 national code committees to stay up to date on code changes, interpretations, and representing client's interests.
- VTX staff has an average industry experience in excess of 25 years.
- VTX’s reputation is demonstrated through our continuous repeat work from numerous clients. See our list of clients.
- VTX is certified as a third party agent in the City of New York, City of Phoenix, State of Maryland, and in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by the Department of Labor and Industry.
- VTX acts as a third-party certification agent for elevators that are installed in mining facilities that do not fall under the jurisdiction of a local or state authority but must receive certification to satisfy Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) requirements.
- VTX acts as a third part certification agent for elevators and escalators not governed by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) such as Amtrak, Department of Veterans Affairs, PANYNJ, PATCO, etc.